Thursday, February 3, 2011

Another Visit to the DMV

     I feel I have to let you all know why I have gotten behind in my blogging.  A week and a half ago, on my way from the parking lot to the concert, I tripped over one of those "parking bumps" against which the tires of you car go while parking, and as it turns out, broke my tibia.  I am on crutches and off work for the next few weeks.  It is hard for me to sit at the computer in the kitchen, but will try to use my daughter's lap top as soon as she shows me the password.

      My daughter, Fiona, has been a great help to me.  And thank god she can drive, with me in the car, or we would be in even worse shape.  She drove me to the DMV yesterday to apply for a handicapped placard so we can park in disabled zones when necessary.  Of course, in the DMV parking lot, we had to park a half mile away from the office.  But aside from that, the whole process took about 10 minutes.  I was incredulous at how easy and fast it was.  To which the woman at the window said, "We aim to please!"  I am not kidding.

     So with handicapped placard in hand, my daughter, who is doing quite well in the driver's seat, drove us back home.  Lucky for me, she is eager to drive me anywhere I want to go, as long as it is not on the freeway (she hasn't covered that in her drivers' education lessons with a trained professional).  Once I am off the crutches, I will be back at work and with any luck,  will be able to able to schlep my bass to the stage unassisted.  I will keep you posted as to my progress.  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment